Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Disappointment

I just received a phone call that our assistance with the children is not available after all. I may not have a chance to sew or mend today. I'm so grieved that yet again this promise is not fulfilled. In addition, I was told a vulgar joke out of the blue with myself as the butt. I'm a bit out of sorts with this today. When one spends much time cultivating a standard outside of the world's standard, it can be startling to be presented with the vulgarity so common in modern, Western culture. It's an important reminder just how far removed we are here at the Cottage. Preferably these reminders will be few and far between.

Perhaps, I'll instead have more time for prayer today, if I don't have the opportunity to run the sewing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment