Wednesday, June 10, 2009

An Altered Summer Schedule

Today, on Wednesday, we'll be going to the library for story time. Adding in two half hour blocks of reading has been going well this week. Organization is improving around the Cottage. It's amazing what such small steps can provide, because they act as a catalyst to larger changes. By setting things in motion in one direction, other goals are more easily attained.

It is a convenient time for improvement, because busy summer days are upon us. We have an additional activity, swimming, on Tuesday mornings, which fits in well with a block of active play. More structured activities, in turn, facilitate nap time. It's not that I didn't know about this before, but rather, he's just now at the age to really benefit from this. We're in the last days of toddlerhood, and the preschool years are advent.

Some time today, I really must make time for sewing. I have an errand this morning that necessitates walking, and no carrier for the baby. So, I'll have to leave half an hour early to allow for the slower walking of a toddler. The baby will ride in the stroller, instead of on my back. I may have lots of hard work and juggling, especially if I have to hold an umbrella, too. This should be an excellent motivator to get some babysitting, or mother's helper, to get some time for sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment