Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ironing

Tuesday is our Ironing Day. I suppose I really don't need a whole day devoted to this task. I have an electric iron, and most of our clothing is knit wear. Even so, it's my favorite day, because ironing is my favorite duty. I wouldn't mind hours of ironing. Today I'll be doing two shirts, the fabric for an upcoming sewing project and napkins. I don't really have to do any of it, but I enjoy it so much.

We'll also be gone to a day game of minor-league baseball for much of the day. The boys should be exhausted after an outing with grandparents and mom. I expect a nice nap from them both, and I'll get my time then. If not, then I'll get in my pleasurable duty in the late afternoon. The Vintner will work late today, and pick up his own supper on the way home. He appreciates one night a week where he decides the menu. Therefore, I'm freed up from my supper cooking for his meal. As much as I love cooking, too, I defer to his comfort. I'll have a chance to replace one pleasure for another then. Even if I get my ironing done before then, I still have needlework to do. I may even get time to start that sewing project, of which I'll be ironing the fabric today. Such is the joy of our Tuesdays at the Cottage.

No comments:

Post a Comment