Friday, May 15, 2009

Cleaning Day and Morning Calls

Friday is Cleaning Day at the Cottage Vineyard. In addition, we also pay (or host) our Morning Calls. Of course, we don't use such an old-fashioned term outside this blog, but it's the same practice. It's a social day, as well as cleaning up to get ready for the weekend. We'll also have time to get ready for Saturday's baking. It's a busy day, and occasionally I have additional shopping, if the outing takes us to a convenient location. I don't do all the shopping on Thursday, just because it's Thursday. I consolidate trips, to save time and fuel.

Cleaning is not what it once was, before children. Jane Austen said it best in "Persuasion": "A lady, without a family, was the very best preserver of furniture in the world." Now that I have two small boys, my furniture, and home, are not quite kept in the standard to which they were formerly. Perhaps, this blog will be just the impetus I need to return to my former ways.

Our social schedule easily removes two, or more, hours available from other tasks. When considering the other every day activities, Friday is easily one of the busiest days of the week. It's also going to be a test as to how much more organization can add to the productivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment