Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Meditations on Proverbs 14

The last few days I've been pondering the consequences of the foolish. Today's Proverb is particularly timely. What would my life be had I not been so mislead? Where would I be had I not grown up in a broken and faithless home? I would be right here in this home, with this husband and these children. However, the circumstances which brought me here would not be so ignominious. I would not be so ashamed of myself. I am under no illusions that my life would have been perfect, completely happy and pain-free. It may very well have had less agony, less debilitating pain. My mistakes and my sorrow might have been such as to grow in Christ, instead of separating myself from Grace. What does it matter if I am here now? It matters in that I am now a mother myself. I cannot continue these mistakes unto my children and future generations. A wife and mother cannot act without considering the consequences of her actions. She cannot pursue her own pleasure and desires at the expense of her family's welfare. I cannot undo the mistake that were perpetuated unto me; I can refuse to perpetuate them to subsequent generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment