Wednesday, July 1, 2009

First of the Month Errands

Today we have the first of the month errands. We'll be out and about, shopping for a variety of things that we only need monthly. In addition, there were quarterly supplies that I might have bought for the Feast of St. John the Baptist. Since it was such a busy time, I wasn't able to do those errands. I'll do them today.

One of these is purchasing more yarn for the afghan for a widow or orphan in Afghanistan. I've chosen green on green stripes. While at first I didn't think the contrast was distinct enough, I'm quite pleased with how it's coming along. I doubt that this would be beautiful by American standards, but then, it's not for an American. I take joy in looking at all this green, observing that as I grow in my faith this Trinity season, so grows the afghan in size. After I'm finished, someone else will treasure this to keep them warm, and as a symbol of their faith, albeit a different one. I'm happy that this will remind them of the love of God, even if I don't share their practice. Also, I hope this will show them Christian charity, and be a testament of Christian love.

Alas, another of my errands is purchasing a new foot for my sewing machine. I did not get a chance to sew yesterday after all. I hope this is the only thing that my machine needs, and not further repair.

No comments:

Post a Comment