Friday, March 12, 2010

Cleaning Day

Friday is my cleaning day. Here's my list:

  • Dusting, including wainscoting
  • Ceiling fans
  • Scrubbing the bathroom, ceiling to floor
  • Scrubbing the kitchen, ceiling to floor
  • Washing Sheets and line drying them
  • Scrubbing the Walls with Borax
  • Pulling out the furniture and inspecting and cleaning behind it
  • Cleaning out the children's toys and clothes and storage containers thereof
  • Opening the windows and letting in fresh air and light
  • Removing all items from the kitchen cabinets and scrubbing inside them
  • Sweeping and scrubbing solid surface floors
  • Vacuuming carpeted floors
  • Putting everything back and tidying up afterwards
Some of these items are seasonal, not weekly cleaning. It is early spring, and time for a full list. I may not have the wherewithal to complete the whole list, especially while pregnant. I know other women express their nesting urge through cleaning; however, I find the physical strain too much for me. Besides, my nesting urge is expressed through needlework. My mind doesn't worry about whether the ceiling fans are clean enough for the new baby. I become possessed that the baby doesn't have enough booties, and knit until my hands curl with cramping. A woman doesn't necessarily have rhyme or reason to her nesting, and that's just how it is with me. I'm more cleaning oriented before and after a pregnancy than I am during. I am able to put down crochet and knitting while not pregnant. Such is life.


No comments:

Post a Comment