Friday, June 21, 2013

Italian Parsley - Emerging

Just when I was convinced that cilantro was the only herb in the garden this year, I discovered Italian parsley.  I almost missed it.  I was weeding around the spinach and discovered those distinct leaves.  I am enchanted.  My carrots are growing well next to the tiny parsley as well.  I wouldn't have expected anything in that spot, what with the huge spinach plant blocking the afternoon sun.  The spot doesn't have any sun in the morning.  Somehow, without being weeded properly, and no sun, this little herb has fought through the odds.

Alas, the peas were over-adored by the four-year-old.  In his excitement, he decimated the plants to harvest the pods.  Even if the harvest was smaller than it would have been, I can't imagine a pea harvest being adored more.

And the grape vine!  The vine is heavy with grapes: abundant, glorious grapes.  It's extraordinary a plant so small could have flourished so well.  I intend to post a photo I've taken, when I get a few spare moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment